Mountain Point Elementary is located in the rapidly growing city of Bluffdale. This is the second elementary school in Bluffdale. The Mountain Point Elementary will concentrate on “Building a student-centered culture” with an emphasis on Language Arts and STEAM. This campus will provide personalized blended and digital learning to support differentiated instruction. This new school will provide a well-rounded education in reading and language arts along with a Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math focus. Students will have access to a MakerSpace to explore and build with their classmates. Teachers and staff are looking forward to working collaboratively with a focus on data to provide support, interventions, and/or extensions as needed.
The Utah State Board of Education may grant an educator one of the following education licenses:
- Professional Educator License – a license issued to an individual who has demonstrated all of the State established competencies to be an educator.
- Associate Educator License – a license issued to an individual who has met a minimum set of educator requirements and is completing all professional educator requirements to receive a Professional Educator License.
- Local Education Agency (LEA)-specific Educator License – a license issued to an individual, approved by the local Board of Education, who has met locally defined competencies to be an educator.
An LEA-specific license area or endorsement may include:
- Out of State and Internationally licensed educators completing Utah licensing requirements.
- Educators waiting for university license recommendations.
- Educators with expired Utah licenses.
- Educators working towards an Associate license area/endorsement.
- Career and Technical Education educators completing skills testing.
- Educators waiting to begin a university licensure program.
Schools may employ individuals holding LEA-specific Educator Licenses, as well as Professional and Associate Educator Licenses, as outlined below based on the employee’s FTE:
|Location||Type||Fully Qualified||Educators who are teaching under LEA Specific or are not Qualified||Educators in an Associate Program to become Professional Qualified|
|Mountain Point Elementary||Elementary||88.84%||4.46%||6.70%|
- Jordan School District Policy DP379-LEA-Specific (Jordan) Educator License Requirements
- Utah State Board of Education Utah Educator Look-up Tool